Thursday 23 November 2017

Thor and the lost hammer- by Bradley

 Bardic Chair Storytelling competition 19/10/17
Openstoryellers went to Rook lane chapel lane to watch the Bardic chair.
Different storytellers from different areas perform different stories. I performed "Thor the God of Thunder and his lost Hammer".
Unlike what I'm used to doing when performing It was a big difference for me.
I thought  if I can do
open mic nights
Open deck nights
and perform shows with openstorytellers
 or be part of other shows and events,
then  I can tell an solo story to the public.
I said to myself on the day before walking on to the stage "If I can do my other shows then I can do this"
 Telling a solo  story at the Bardic chair was one of my goals that I have been wanting to do since I've been storytelling with open story tellers-  it was like a dream come true.


One of the storytellers that performed
on the night told a modern day story.
The modern day story is interesting  and different -I thought all Storytellers only told traditional  stories.

Actors bring stories to life with your eyes,

storytellers bring stories to life using imagination.

When I was a Child I had this fantasy world.   when I tell traditional stories, solo or with open story tellers,  I am once again living in that world through telling traditional stories. This has brought that world to life through stories and I don't have keep this world to myself anymore- I can share  that fantasy world
with open story tellers and the public.
from Bradley Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment